How to use the EVA app?
To learn how to navigate the app and get best practice tips, please see this video, or read the instructions below:
- To get started, open the EVA device and unlock the screen by swiping up with your fingers. Enter the EVA App.
- If this is the first time you are using the app, and you don’t yet have a password, click ‘set up’ at the bottom right. You can click here to see how to set your account for the first time.
- Otherwise, tap on Sign-in.
- If you do not find your username on the screen, you can change to your user, by tapping on “change user” at the bottom.
- On the home page, you can find three lines on the top left that will take you to the menu page. It includes the “about” section, as well as additional resources and a support form in case you need any help.
- Let's use a demo case to review the exam flow.
- Tap on Start exam.
- Enter the patient’s details. Notice that if you enter the medical record number, you can skip the other pages, however, if no MRN was entered - patient's name and date of birth will be mandatory.
- When you are finished adding patient details you can start the exam or add relevant medical history, such as PAP and HPV results.
- To adjust you focus, make sure that the focus wheel at the end of the lens is turned all the way out, and that the illumination light of the EVA Device is on. Position yourself at a comfortable working distance, and use the focus wheel for fine tuning to get a crystal clear view.
- Once the EVA device is positioned correctly and the cervix is free from debris, you can magnify further by pinching the screen like on your smartphone.
- To visualize vascularity, you can also apply a green filter, found at the bottom right of the screen.
- The timer at the top of the screen will help you keep track when applying acetic acid. Tap on it after applying acetic acid to get a countdown of 1 minute for optimal visualization of the cervix. After 4 minutes, the clock would suggest you to consider re-applying the acidic acid.
- Handwave feature
When ready - capture images. To get the best results use the hand wave feature - moving your hand in a hi-five motion towards the MobileODT logo. This feature can be turned on and off through the camera settings.
- Once you are finished capturing images, you can review them and add annotations to record your findings. Tap the location on the image you would like to annotate, and follow the suggested options to record the relevant details.
- To save time spent documenting the procedure in your EMR, you can complete your documentation right in the app. Follow the questions, and get a full procedure note with the information you provided.
- You can now edit all patient details, including medical record number, name, date of birth and phone.
- When you finish reviewing the examination, tap on Finish Exam at the bottom, as shown in the above image.
- You can send the complete procedure exam to your email in an encrypted file directly from the app.
- Choose a secure PIN that will encrypt the exam record in a secure PDF file and tap on continue. The PDF will be sent to your username (email).
- Assuming the EVA Device is connected to the internet, the examinations will be automatically uploaded to the HIPAA compliant EVA portal. You can reach your user page by browsing to EVA.mobileodt.com from your Chrome browser. You can also find them on the app, by tapping on the “Complete” Icon at the top.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.